Tuesday, June 13, 2006

 

And the wait goes on

I can't really say anything has "happened" since my last entry here, but I'm getting more and more anxious to have a 100% sure answer as to what is going to be happening. Yesterday, I received an update from Columbia saying I was still on their waitlist and that they will once again review the people on the list in July and see if they have any openings. I'm really glad to be on the waitlist here and NYU and NU, don't get me wrong, but it adds just enough uncertainty to this situation that it's starting to get to me.

The reason I'm thinking about it at this moment? Well, we're on our way back to D.C. this week to find an apartment. We'll have to put down a nice sized deposit along with our first months rent as well as sign a lease of some length (six months minimum I would guess). Now if someone in NYC calls us around August 12 or so and says they have a spot for me, we're going to be in a little bit of a pinch to get relocated in less than a week. But we've determined that if something like that happens, it will be worth while to overstress ourselves for a month and make it work.

On the other hand, I did get what I hope will turn out to be some exciting news today... I received an email from Georgetown asking me to confirm my interest and that I am "one of a small group of people [they] will turn to in the event of an opening". Having been following the recent activity on the message boards, it seems like this email is the prelude to an offer of admission. Other people received an email saying there are no spots available and they would reevaluate their files sometime in July. They told me they would let me know by next Tuesday.... luckily, we'll be in D.C. already and I can then personally go over to their office and shake their hands :-) Of course, this is all speculation, but now I really do have my hopes up and don't even care that just yesterday I sent my $800 second deposit to GWU (okay, I still care but not as much as you would think)!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?