Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

"...goes to Washington" (at least for a visit)

I've come much closer to making a decision between the U of Minn and GWU, but I don't think I want to say 100% which it will be. On Wednesday, we're flying out to D.C. for the admitted students weekend preview at GW. We're going to spend a day looking at Georgetown while we're there as well. If things there go as expected, then I think I'll be ready to say I've definately made up my mind...at least between these two schools. However, there is a slight new wrinkle...I received an acceptance to Boston University this past Monday. Now, I have to say, I really haven't done my homework as much as I should have. I applied to a ton of schools because I didn't have any good idea of where I would be accepted and now I'm scrambling a little bit to decide which one I really prefer. Everything I've heard about Boston and Boston University has been very positive, which only complicates things further!

I'm still waiting on anything at all from NYU and Harvard, and Columbia also has to make their decision from earlier but they told me sometime at the end of March. As I've said before, I'm not making plans based on any of these schools since I'm pretty sure I know what the decisions are going to be, but it will be nice to eliminate even that slight bit of uncertainty as soon as possible. I'm still holding out hope that I'll get off of Georgtown's waitlist but I can't depend on that either. So, not much new since the last post, but it had been awhile so I thought I should at least say that much. Hopefully I'll have more to say when we get back from D.C.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?